It features the introduction of new supporting character Detective Inspector Harry Grant, who joins Billy and Sergeant Worthing on their case to track down "The Editor", as well as the temporary return of The Loudmouth Times to the series.
It is also the first story to take place after Part II of 'Bite-Sized Bits!'.
Billy Butterbread, aided by his friends, is now hot on the trail of his archenemy - 'The Editor'; but when trouble strikes, it seems that 'The Editor' has commissioned his chief suboordinate to carry out a fiendish plan...
TO BE WRITTEN.
- Chapter One: 'A Bad Night For Shelly Whitfield'
- Chapter Two: 'A Bad Morning For Billy Butterbread'
- Chapter Three: 'Telly How It Is'
- Chapter Four: 'The Phonecall'
- Chapter Five: 'Ryan's Return'
- Chapter Six: 'Methods of Deduction'
- Chapter Seven: 'Hanging in the Balance'
- Chapter Eight: 'Tying Up Loose Ends'
- William "Billy" Butterbread III
- Jean Phelps
- Ryan Thompson
- Sergeant Janet Worthing
- Mister Snoutnose
- Detective Inspector Harry Grant
- Luke Taylor/"The Anonymous Blackmailer"
- "The Editor"
- Keith Bennett
- Shelly Whitfield
- Jack McCrimmon
- Angus McCrimmon
- Hector Morrisey (mentioned)
- Ed Case (mentioned)
- Janet Worthing's girlfriend (mentioned)
- This marks the shortest of the longer stories to date, with only eight chapters in total.